Monday 14 April 2014

MY 5 GO-TO SPRING LIP COLOURS

Now that Spring/Summer is finally on its way and were getting a little bit more sunshine in our lives, I thought I would share my go-to lip colours that are perfect for Spring. I've gathered my top five to show you and hopefully inspire your lip collection!

MAC 'Up the Amp'
An opaque purple coverage, that moisturises the lips yet still has a formula similar to a matte lipstick. Great for transforming a grunge/vamp look to give a summery edge. I received this as a Christmas gift and it has become one of my favourite lip colours as it matches almost any outfit I wear and is just so easy to apply and pull off.
Lasting Finish Matte By Kate '110'
A great alternative colour to the traditional red lipstick! With a slight orange/coral tone it is definitely a colour I will be donning a lot this summer as it gives a cool retro effect to the makeup look. To be honest, I prefer this colour to a traditional red lip as it is a lot less harsh and adds a subtle soft touch to the lips.
Topshop Lipstick Crayon 'Hedonist'
I purchased this  last summer after seeing a few people around London rocking an orange lip. I had wanted to purchase MAC 'Morange' however I have found this to be a great buy never the less! It is a matte formula that can be drying on the lips sometimes, however it can be sorted out right away with a bit of Carmex. The crayon aspect of the product is great as I find application a lot easier as it is just like colouring in!
Maybelline New York ColorSensational '902 Fuchsia Flash'
An amazing dupe to MAC Candy Yum Yum! It's really moisturising on the lips and works as a lip stain as well for maximum staying power. I love wearing this with a 'not-so-colourful' outfit as it adds that little extra to save you from looking so glum!
Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream 'Cotton Candy 1'
A moisturising lip cream with a matte finish. I feel a bit weird if I leave the house without anything on my lips, so a nude lip is essential for those kind of days. This product is so soft on the lips and I don't find it dries them out that much either which is a bonus!

What are your go-to lip colours for this season?

victoria x | twitter | instagram | tumblr | bloglovin 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colors! i like up the amp and kate moss '110'. My favorites for spring are definitely coral lippies.
    -Liz
    thebronzeddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've almost used all of my 'Up the Amp' and I only got it for christmas! I love it!
      Me too, corals are so easy to put on with any outfit.

      victoria x

      Delete

Thanks for all of your comments, I do read them all. Check back to see my replies!

Victoria x